The Real Estate Council of Alberta (RECA) requires industry members who establish a client relationship when trading in residential real estate, property management, or when dealing in mortgages to enter into a written service agreement with that client. Written service agreements help ensure the role of an industry professional is clear , and when clients are better informed, there is less confusion and typically, fewer disputes.
help industry professionals clearly and confidently communicate with clients about:
the relationship between the parties
the services to be provided by the brokerage
the obligations and responsibilities of the parties
consent for collection, use and distribution of personal information of the client
method of calculation of remuneration or how the industry professional will be compensated and
consent to obtain a credit report (for mortgage brokerage professionals).
Agent responsibilities …
· Undivided Loyalty The agent must act only in your best interest.
· Confidentiality must keep information confidential, even after your relationship ends.
· Full Disclosure must tell you in writing about the services provided and tell you everything they know that may influence your decision in a transaction.
· Obedience must obey all your lawful, reasonable and ordinary instructions.
· Reasonable care and skill must meet the standard of reasonable care and skill of the industry.
· Full accounting must account for all money and property they receive while acting on your behalf.
How I can help you buy or sell a home:
· I have access to most current industry news
· I offer a no obligation market analysis on your home or the home you are looking to purchase
· I am on the pulse of multi-media social marketing offering traditional and non-traditional avenues to both market the sale of your home and to search for your next
I will represent YOU first and foremost as my client
Buying a home is one of the biggest financial decisions a person or family will make during their lives. A REALTOR® is a trained professional who can provide consultative advice and support while helping you successfully navigate this exciting and often nerve wracking process.
I would welcome the opportunity to meet with you and discuss these new changes as you consider creating a professional agent relationship.
Prudential Top 5 Real Estate